Wednesday 25 October 2023

 A Testimony of Salvation from Emilee Hockey

This is the testimony of another one of our daughters. We are so blessed we now have 3 of our daughters married to Godly husbands who have a heart for God and desire to serve him and raise their families for God's glory. They are building their own legacy of faith to pass on to future generations. All glory to God!

3 John 1:4 KJV - I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.



Hi, my name is Emilee Hockey. I grew up in a Christian home. I grew up going to church, going to youth camps and Sunday school and other Christian outreaches but I never really thought about salvation until I was 9 years old and then one night while I was lying in bed, I started thinking about what would happen if I died, where would I go Heaven or Hell? The thought of going to Hell scared me and I knew I was a sinner, and I knew if I didn't ask Jesus to come into my heart and save me from my sins, I would go to Hell, so on the 7th of April 2009, I prayed and asked Jesus to save me.

My life didn't change too much because I was still young and wasn't into anything I shouldn't be, but I knew that Jesus had saved me, and I wanted to tell my family and friends that I was a Christian now.

A few years later, in 2012, when I was 12 my Grandpa (Pastor Buddy Smith) baptised me.

There have been times when I have doubted my salvation, and I would read Bible verses on salvation, and I would pray that Jesus would save me again.

But I know now that I am saved, and I have Jesus in my heart, and I pray that God can use me for His glory.

I now have an awesome, Godly husband. We've been married for nearly 5 years, and I am a mum of three beautiful kids and have another little one on the way. God has blessed me more than I deserve, and I just pray that I can be the wife and mother God would have me be to my family and also, I pray that I can be a witness and a blessing and bring other souls to Christ.

These are just a few verses that I find very encouraging, and I pray you will find them encouraging too.

I just love how in these verses it talks about if we just trust the Lord and not ourselves, he will lead us and show us what He has planned for our life whether it be now or a few years later down the track.

Proverbs 3:5-6
 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.


Also, this verse tells us that no matter what we are going through in life that we are to be strong and not worry because the Lord is with us, and He will never leave us.

Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

1 comment: