Friday 20 October 2023

 A Testimony of Salvation from Rebecca Wall 


I am excited to bring you another testimony from a sister in Christ. God is so good to us, and it is wonderful to hear how God is working in the lives of other Christians as they seek to serve him. 


My name is Rebecca Wall, and I would like to share my testimony with you. Praise the Lord I have grown up in a Christian home, with both of my Parents growing up in a Christian homes as well. Praise the Lord, both sets of my grandparents are Christians as well. So, as far back as I can remember I have always been in Church, hearing the gospel messages, preached. One of the highlights of living in a Christian home is not only going to church and reading the Bible, but also being blessed with Parents who always made sure that the reading of the Bible and praying was a part of our daily lives. So, each and every day, my Parents always put time aside, morning and evening to do family devotions.  

One night when I was 9 years old, as we were doing family devotions, and prayer time I came to understand the need of my Salvation. It was a night after we had finished family devotions, and Mum was talking about how blessed we are in Australia to have the freedom of reading our Bibles and praying, as in other countries, Christians were getting martyred for their faith in God, and that one day there was going to come a day where us Christians living in Australia, would not be allowed to have the Bible anymore, let alone teach from the Bible, and those who did not know the  Lord Jesus Christ when they die would go to Hell. That night as I lay in bed thinking on these thoughts it was then I realized that I wanted to know more, about how to be saved as I did not want to spend eternity in hell. I called out for Mum, who came and explained to me how to be saved. After Mum explained how Jesus had died on the cross to save my sins I knelt down beside my bed, and asked the Lord Jesus to save me. 

As my Christian journey started I was eager to learn and grow in my walk with the Lord, I enjoyed reading the Bible, and praying and seeing how the Lord answered prayers in my life.

 At the end of every year, Dad would ask us all individually how much did we think we had grown in our Christian walks the past year, and were we lukewarm, or were we hot and on fire for the Lord? For years this question would plague me, as every year, I would try, and endeavour to grow in the Lord and some years I felt, I was still lukewarm, and other years I felt like I had grown a little, as I grew up, and life got a little busy with school, and day to day activities, I found myself going in waves of reading my bible during the week. This then caused issues of doubts, where I started doubting my Salvation, and if I was saved, so I would do it again, and then read my bible, and pray this went on for a while, until, in 2019 I attended a National Baptist Fellowship meeting, in Adelaide, where one of my younger brothers who was with me got saved, seeing him happy, and joyful, I was really upset, as I did not have that happiness, and joyfulness, yet I really wanted it, because seeing my brother so happy, I then thought for sure that I must not have been saved. So, I met with one of the Pastors in town, and he explained the salvation messaged to me again, and reassured me that the doubts I was having was because I had not prioritised a relationship with the Lord, and the devil had entered to cause issues of doubts, so from that day forward, I have made sure that no matter how busy, my day gets I always make sure I do my devotions, morning and evening. I can honestly say that I have no doubts as to whether I am saved, as I have not left any room for the devil to come back and cause me to have those doubts. As I endeavour to do my devotions, morning, and night and to seek a relationship with him each day, so that I can be on fire for the Lord.

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment