Wednesday 25 October 2023

 A Testimony of Salvation from Chloe Holmes

3 John 1:4 KJV - I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

This is a testimony from our daughter, Chloe. There is no blessing greater than knowing that your children have made the decision to become a child of God and desire to love, obey and serve him. 

We often take for granted the Godly heritage God has blessed so many of us with - that of growing up in a Christian home, taught the Scriptures from a very young age, set a good example of Godliness and fellowshipping regularly with other believers in the form of Sunday Services, Youth Groups, Prayer Meetings and get togethers of people of like-mind. 

I really do have no greater joy than knowing my children walk in the truth and I rejoice in advance in knowing that God can do the same for our grandchildren. 


I grew up in a Christian home with amazing Christian parents. I was so blessed to have such a good Godly influence in my life at such a young age. As a family, we attended church, Sunday school, youth group and many other ministries in the church. 

Growing up I never really feared death. I didn’t really understand it. But I remember one Wednesday night, when I was six, after prayer meeting, I knew I needed to talk to my parents about being a Christian and what it meant. I can’t remember what the message was even about, that particular night at prayer meeting, but I remember sitting in my parents room talking about how to be saved. I remember how they explained the goodness of God and how He loved me so much, that he sent His only Son to die on a cross for me and how He wanted to have a relationship with me. 

So, on that very night I received Christ as my Saviour. I was a child of God! Fast forward 5 years or so, I started really doubting my salvation. I became very fearful and anxious, not knowing if I was saved or not. I heard other people's testimonies of how their lives were completely changed, and how God moved in their lives. I thought about my own testimony, and how “boring” it was. I let my emotions and feelings control me, instead of trusting God. I would pray over and over again, trying to fix how I was feeling. I was ashamed of how I felt, and I was worried about what people might say about me if I wasn’t saved. 

Through all of my doubts and disbelief, I wasn’t fully trusting God and His word. As I got older, I started to realise that all this time, I was basing my salvation on my feelings. God never left me or gave up on me. He had been there through all of my disbelief. I began to understand that my salvation is not based on how I feel, but rather it is based on what God has promised in his word. 

God tells us again and again, in His word, how we can know and be sure, that we are born again. I know that I am saved, and I’m not going to base my eternal destination and relationship with God, on feelings. God has been so good to me, and so I strive every day to do better, and do more for God. 

Yes, I’m not perfect and I don’t have all the answers, but I know that God is perfect, and He know all things, so I can confidently trust in His promises.


1 comment: