Saturday 23 July 2022

 

He Hears Me

 


Sitting here tonight, I began to go over my Spotify playlists and sort them. In doing so, I came across a song that I hadn’t heard before and as I listened my heavy spirit began to lift, and a peace filled my soul like only God can give.

I am often very moved by a piece of music and if a particular song touches my heart, I will listen to it on repeat up to 10 times, just to fully take it all in and fill my mind with good thoughts. Thoughts of my Heavenly Father, reaching down and taking me gently in his loving arms, whispering words of love and mercy into my soul and filling my being with a desire to worship and praise the one who saved me from eternal punishment and instead gave me a home in Heaven with him for all eternity.

This beautiful piece of music speaks of God hearing me. He hears me when I’m crying in the night. He hears me when I sit in silence or I’m in a crowd. Whether I am giving him praise or I’m pouring out my soul in despair, he hears me.

I am so glad that my Father hears me when I call. There are so many references in Scripture that remind me of his listening ear. Have a read through the few I’ve listed and rejoice with me in God’s goodness to His children.

Psalm 66:19 KJV - But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer.

1 Peter 3:12a KJV - For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers:

Isaiah 65:24 KJV - And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

Psalm 18:6 KJV - In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

Psalm 34:4 I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

Psalm 34:15 The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.

Psalm 34:17-18 The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.

 

What a beautiful and wonderful comfort to know that when we cry out to God, it doesn’t matter whether tears are streaming down our face, or we are frustrated and angry and hurt, he hears us. God hears us.

God hears us in our brokenness. He hears us in our pain. He hears us in our sadness. He hears us when we are rejoicing. He hears us when we worship and praise him in song or in prayer.

We never have to worry that he will turn a deaf ear to our pleas. And even if we don’t say the words aloud, he hears our thoughts. Sometimes the words don’t come, the hurt is too much and the difficulty so overwhelming that we can’t even form a sentence to lift up a prayer to him, but God listens to our hearts. He doesn’t have to hear the words of our mouths; he hears the cries of our hearts.

There will never be anyone else on earth that can listen as he listens. And nobody will ever love you as perfectly and unconditionally as God does. There is no one that understands you like he does.

Cry out to him and take comfort in knowing that he hears you.

Psalm 34:18

 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart;

 and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

 

He Hears Me

Here I am again, down on my knees
And with every pleading word, Thy comfort I seek
Though the words are slow to come
My thoughts are racing by
Peace fills the room, Thy spirit is nigh

He hears me
When I'm crying in the night
He hears me
When my soul longs to fight
Till the morning will come
And the light of the dawn reassures
He hears me

Any hour, wherever I may be
In the silence of an empty room, or on a crowded street
Whether offering thanks, or in urgency I pray
I never go unnoticed, I'm never lead astray

He hears me
When I'm crying in the night
He hears me
When my soul longs to fight
Till the morning will come
And the light of the dawn reassures
He hears me

Any whisper of the soul
No matter how old
Father hears the call

He hears the call

He hears me
When I'm crying in the night
He hears me
When my soul longs to fight
Till the morning will come
And the light of the dawn reassures
He hears me

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment