Thursday 30 June 2022

 

I Can Trust Him



Do you ever get totally blindsided by a circumstance you didn’t see coming? Well, today we received some unwelcome news in regards to our business that we weren’t expecting, and we really didn’t want.

In my last post, I wrote about how we can face our future with joy. I encouraged my readers that they could face their future with joy because of God’s goodness to us in the past. He has a perfect track record. He has come through time and time again.

Well, as so often happens after I write something that speaks to my heart and I feel is worth sharing, God decided to put it to the test. He wanted to see if I could practice what I preach and see where my joy level was at.

(Be careful what you preach, because God will test you. He will put you through the fire to see what you’re made of)

After the news, I filled in a couple of hours with errands and jobs around the house, trying not to dwell on the what ifs. But God is so good, and he knows just how to reach down and touch you with his love and fill your heart with wonder. He knew that I needed a token for good.

Psalm 86:17  Shew me a token for good; that they which hate me may see it, and be ashamed: because thou, LORD, hast holpen me, and comforted me.

I don’t really understand this verse as well as I should, but I do know that from my limited understanding, God gave me a token for good. He gave me a little glimmer of hope and light.

I find it so beautiful when God gives you a sign. A token for good. Something to remind you of his presence, his love and mercy.

As I sat down to eat some lunch, my thoughts were troubled. I felt anxious and fearful of the future. I didn’t know how God was going to work this present problem out. It looks hopeless and there is no easy solution in sight, but as I sat there, I looked over to the calendar hanging on the wall. I had made the calendar with some of my favourite photos and quotes, so I could be reminded and encouraged by them each month.

Well, as June was coming to a close, I thought I would turn over to the next month. And here is the quote I read.

“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God”

This is a quote spoken by Corrie Ten Boom, many years ago. If you know her story, you’ll know that she had a very unknown future. She lived in very uncertain times, and yet she trusted God. And God came through mightily.

As the page of the calendar flipped over and I read the words, my heart leapt inside of me. I let out a silent hallelujah and sent a prayer of praise up to God. I also showed it to my daughter and sent a photo of it to my husband.

How wonderful is it that we can trust our future to God? How beautiful is it to know that God, our creator, sustainer, provider and redeemer can be trusted with every circumstance that comes into our lives? He is never taken by surprise. He is never caught napping. He knows the past and the future and his plans for us are good.

We don’t have to be afraid of the storm. The waves don’t have to overwhelm us. The tempests may blow, and our frail vessel may be at breaking point, but with God in the boat with us, we need not fear. It’s not about the fierceness of the storm, it’s all about who is in the boat with you.

I know my God. I know his character. He is known to me, and I am known to him. I’ve seen him work. I’ve benefited from his victories in the past and I know he’ll come through again and again and again.

My future may be unknown. It may be uncertain. It may be troublesome and there may seem to be no way out, but my God is known! He is bigger than my storm. I can trust him!

I have no idea how God is going to work this present dilemma out, but I have full assurance that he will. It may not be how I expect, it may not even be how I want, but I know that he will do it and it will be just what is needed and not a moment too soon, or too late.

He has never failed me before, and he’s not about to start now. He will always be there. He will never leave me or forsake me. He will always supply my need. He will always be my provider. His will is perfect. His ways are right.

I may not understand the way he works, but I can have faith in knowing that he will work things for my good, whatever that good may be.

I can trust my unknown future to him because I know him. Seek to know God intimately and it will bring you comfort in your time of need. The more you know him, the less you will fear.

 

I can trust Jesus
I can trust Jesus
He never once has failed
To meet my needs
He is my strong tow'r
The strength in my weakest hour
I can trust Jesus
He takes care of me

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment