Tuesday 10 September 2019


Hiding God’s Word



Psalm 119:11
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
How do you hide God’s Word? Hiding God’s Word doesn’t mean hiding it so no one ever sees it. It doesn’t mean keeping it to ourselves. No. It means hiding God’s Word in your heart. In your mind. In your thoughts. And what about, on your person?
This has become something I do regularly. Hide it on my person. What I mean by that is that I keep the Word of God handy so I can read it at any time of day or night. So, the way I do it is by keeping a Bible app on my phone and not only that, but I highlight verses I want to remember and recently I made up a section on my app that I can quickly jump onto to keep my favourite verses that comfort and encourage me when I am in need of strength from the Lord. Most of us now own a smartphone of some sort that we can keep a Bible app on. Technology has its uses.
These verses that I’ve been able to save have been well read and some memorized. They are such a comfort to my soul and they speak to me in a way that no inspirational quote or meme ever can. The Word of God is so powerful and so rich in treasure.
I find that being able to access them at any time, I am comforted to know that I can quickly look the verses up right in the midst of my trial, whether it may be big or small, I gain the strength needed for that very moment and I am able to take a deep breath and go on with the Words of God ringing in my ears and dropping from my lips and pouring from my heart.
I am able to share a verse with a friend who is hurting or with one who is struggling to make sense of a certain situation or one who just needs lifting up and reminding that God is in control and He will give wings as eagles and power to the faint.
2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine,
 for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Not only is God’s Word good for instruction, God’s Word is many things.

God’s Word is like a Fire and a Hammer
Jeremiah 23:29
Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD;
and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?
God brings the fires into our lives to purify us so that we may shine forth as gold
God uses the hammer to break our hard and stubborn hearts.
God’s Word is like a Seed
Luke 8:11
 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
Seeds contain life. And so does the Word of God. The Word of God planted in our hearts is able to grow if cultivated and received in good soil.

God’s Word is like Medicine
Proverbs 4:20-23
 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
God’s Word needs to be read regularly in order for it to be useful to us. We may not always like the way it tastes, but it is health to us.
God’s Word is like a Sword
Hebrews 4:12
 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
God is the master surgeon and He knows what is best for us and what needs cutting out of our lives. We need to be submissive to His hand.
God’s Word is like a Honeycomb
Psalm 119:103
 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
When we understand the value of God’s Word and let the Holy Spirit apply the Word of God to our lives, it becomes sweet as honey to our lips.
God’s Word is like a Light
Psalm 119:105
 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
God’s Word lights our path. It gives guidance. It shines down on the path in front of us. It gives us the light we need for each and every moment of our lives.
Having God’s Word on my person and with me always is such a comfort to my soul. I know that when I’m struggling, I only have to pick it up and draw strength and He will deliver me from all my fears. He is my refuge and my strength. He is my help in trouble. He makes my storms calm and He stills the waves that rise up in me. He brings peace. Blessed peace. Comforting peace. Overwhelming peace. Because of the cross, we can have peace.
Philippians 4:7
 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding,
shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Hide God’s Word in your hearts.
Hide it in your minds.
Hide it on your person.



No comments:

Post a Comment